As one of the world’s leading distribution and entertainment companies, we offer Diamond Services through a wide range of businesses and under many different brands. The data controller of your personal information will be the Diamond company which provides services to you or does business with you. You can find out more information about Diamond, including a list of our Diamond Affiliates, here.
WHAT IS PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION (PII)?
Personally identifiable information, or PII, (“your information”) is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”) including personal data as defined under applicable local law. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person.
YOUR INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We collect your information, such as contact information, business information, credit information and order details, in order to provide you with the product and/or service requested.
You are not required to provide your information; however, in order to use certain services, we may need to collect certain information for that service to function properly or for us to provide you with requested products or services.
Depending on the service or product, the information we collect includes information from the following categories:
- Name, initials, and personal or business-related contact information
- Business name, address, phone number, email address and related contact information. This includes information that may be used to collect a debt.
- Order information and order history information.
We automatically collect computer metadata and content to provide, improve, and maintain our products and services.
Third parties also collect information automatically from you across websites and over time through the use of their own cookies, web beacons, and tracking mechanisms. This information is used to enable the functions of the digital learning system, as well as customize, maintain, and improve our web sites. You may disable cookies via your browser or third-party mechanisms. However, some features of our systems may not function properly without them.
If you choose to communicate with or receive communications through our services via phone, text, chat, email, or any other platform for technical support, customer service, or other assistance, those interactions may be recorded and monitored to deliver the solution or information requested by you.
LEGAL BASES FOR THE USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
As mentioned above, we use your information to provide you products or services.
We also use your information to meet our legitimate interests, for example to improve the quality of services and products.
Except as described in this notice, we limit the use, collection, and disclosure of your information to the level necessary to deliver the service or information requested. We do not collect, use, or disclose INFORMATION that is not reasonably related to a legitimate business purpose necessary to serve you. Your information may also be used in order to maintain and/or improve our services.
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share your information with:
- Related Companies: Diamond Affiliates, to help better tailor services, products, marketing, and advertising to you and to other existing and potential customers. We may share identification and demographics, device information and identifiers, and research and feedback for purposes such as improving and tailoring services. In addition, business information may be shared for business operational purposes.
- Advertisers, Advertising Networks, and Other Third Parties: We may share information about how you use the Diamond Services and interact with content or ads to better tailor services, products, marketing and advertising on our Services and on third-party platforms. To enable these purposes, we may share certain demographics information, user-generated content, device information and identifiers, connection and usage data, geolocation data, public and commercial information, and social media information. These third parties may use their own tracking technologies to collect or request information about you, please see our Cookie Notice.
- Partners: We may share your information with third party partners. For instance, if you enter a contest or sweepstakes sponsored by a third party, we may share the information you provide for that entry with the sponsor. Depending on the partnership, we may share certain information including contact information (at your direction), identification and demographic information, transactional information, user-generated content that you provide, research and feedback, device information and identifiers, connection and usage information, public and commercial information, and social media information.
- Social Networks: We may share your information with social media platforms for example, if you click on a Facebook “like” button on a Diamond Service, the “like” may appear on your Facebook account. To control this sharing of information, please review and adjust your privacy settings for the relevant social network. Depending on your privacy settings and actions on such network, we may share contact information, identification and demographic information, user-generated content, device information and identifiers, connection and usage data, and social media information.
- Service Providers: We engage vendors to perform business purposes on our behalf and share information with them to enable them to provide us with such business purposes, including research and analytics, hosting, transaction and payment processing, promotion administration, fraud prevention, identity management, acquisition and other services. Service providers may use such information for their operational purposes in order to provide their services to us.
- Search Engines: Depending on the Diamond Service, you may be able to engage with other members of the Service or the public. This may make the name and photo associated with your profile and any comments or user-generated content you provide visible to other members of that Service or the general public. If the information is available to the general public, it may also be searchable by search engines.
- Law Enforcement, Regulators, Anti-fraud Coalitions and other groups: We share any of the categories of information we collect, as appropriate, with these third parties in order to: protect and enforce the legal rights, privacy, and safety of ourselves and our visitors; protect against possible fraud or other illegal activity; respond to requests from government and other authorities; and otherwise comply with legal process.
- Other Sharing: We may share information about you along with a hashed or masked identifier, with third parties so they may better personalize your experience with them and the offers they send you. With your appropriate consent when required, and consistent with applicable law, we may share your usage behavior with third parties including service providers, advertising companies, analytic partners, and social media sites.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A USER
As a user, you have the rights to access your INFORMATION.
- Access and rectification – We strive to ensure that the PII we have about you is accurate and current. You may obtain confirmation as to whether or not information concerning you exists, regardless of whether information has already been recorded, and be communicated such information in a readily understandable form.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Our IT security team has established industry standard security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access and use.
Diamond Comic Distributors takes reasonable precautions to protect your information. Diamond Comic Distributors utilizes reasonable security measures to protect the security and confidentiality of your information from unauthorized access and use.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We will retain your data for the minimum amount of time necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was collected. We will retain and use your data as necessary to comply with our obligations, resolve disputes and enforce agreements.
WHEN WE STORE, TRANSFER OR PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION INTERNATIONALLY
Diamond Comic Distributors is a global organization. Depending on your location, and the product or service, your information may be stored and processed within secure data centers at one or many of our locations. Diamond Comic Distributors is committed to meeting the requirements of local data protection laws, including EU law, to the extent required. If your data is stored locally, then local laws prevail.
We recognize and acknowledge current data protection laws in the European Union, Switzerland, and around the world. To comply with privacy laws in the European Union, we have implemented appropriate contracts for the international transfer of your information, on the basis of the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission and other international models as required by local law, to provide a legal mechanism for transferring data to Diamond Comic Distributors locations globally.